1. The Making of the Middle Ages, 1961/1967, R. W. Southern. More on R. W. Southern.
2. St. Anselm: A Portrait in a Landscape, 1991, R. W. Southern.
3. Scholastic Humanism and the Unification of Europe: The Heroic Age, R. W. Southern, 2001.
4. St. Anselm and His Biographer, A Study of Monastic Life and Thought, 1059-1130,R. W. Southern, 1963.
5. Western Society and the Church in the Middle Ages (History of the Church), R. W. Southern, 1970.
6. Inventing the Flat Earth: Columbus and Modern Historians, Jeffrey Burton Russell, 1991.
7. Medieval Civilization, Jeffrey Burton Russell, 1968.
8. History of Medieval Christianity, Dissent and Reform in the Early Middle Ages, Jeffrey Burton Russell, 2005.
9. Dissent and Order in the Middle Ages: The Search for Legitimate Authority (Twayne’s Studies in Intellectual and Cultural History), Jeffrey Burton Russell, 1992.
10. Exposing Myth About Christianity: A Guide to Answering 145 Viral Lies and Legends, Jeffrey Burton Russell, 2012.
11. A History of Medieval Christianity: Prophecy and Order, Jeffrey Burton Russell, 1968.
12. Kingship and Law in the Middle Ages: I. The Divine Right of Kings and the Right of Resistance in the Early Middle Ages; II. Law and Constitution in the Middle Ages, Fritz Kern, 2006. Originally, 1914.
13. “A History of Medieval Europe: From Constantine to Saint Louis (3rd Edition)”, by R.H.C. Davis, 2005.