1. Recarving Rushmoore: Ranking the Presidents on Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty, Ivan Eland.
2. Nixon’s Secrets: The Rise, Fall, and Untold Truth About the President, Watergate, and the Pardon, Roger Stone. The following is a terrific interview and preview of the illuminating details of the book and Nixon’s presidency.
3. The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles and Their Secret World War, StephenKinzer, 2013.
4. LBJ: Architect of American Ambition, Randall B. Woods, 2007.
5. Operation Cyanide: How the Bombing of the USS Liberty Nearly Caused World War Three, Peter Hounam, 2003.
6. Lone Star Rising: Vol. 1, Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1908-1960, Robert Dallek, 1992.
7. The Life and Times of Lyndon Johnson, Ronnie Dugger, 1984.
8. Dexter King, son of MLK, claims on national TV that LBJ arranged for the murder of his father, NYT, 1997.
Lyndon Johnson died in January, 1973. J. Edgar Hoover had died in May, 1972. Allen Dulles died in January, 1969.
9. Murder from Within: Lyndon Johnson’s Plot Against President Kennedy, Fred Newcomb, 1974.
LBJ as functional psychopath.
10. The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House, Kate Andersen Brower, 2015. Recommended by this post.
11. Partners in Power: The Clintons and Their America, Roger Morris, 1999.
12. Compromised: Clinton, Bush, and the CIA, Terry Reed & John Cummings, 1994.
13. LBJ: From Mastermind to “The Colossus”, Philip F. Nelson, 2014.
14. Martin van Buren and the Making of the Democratic Party, Robert Remini, 1970.
Ike’s Bluff: President Eisenhower’s Secret Battle to Save the World, Evan Thomas, 2013.