Copy cannot create the desire for a product,” writes Eugene Schwartz in his book, Breakthrough Advertising. “It can only focus already-existing desires onto a particular product. The copywriter’s task is not to create this mass desire-but to channel and direct it.” For example, no advertisement, no matter how powerfully written, will convince the vegetarian to have a steak dinner at your new restaurant. But your ad might-if persuasively worded-entice him or her to try your salad bar.
Charles Inlander, of the People’s Medical Society, is a master at finding the right product for the right audience. His ad, “Do you recognize the seven early warning signs of high blood pressure?”, sold more than 20,000 copies of a $4.95 book on blood pressure when ran approximately 10 times in Prevention Magazine over a three year period. “First, you select your topic,” said Inlander, explaining the secret of his advertising success, “then you must find the right place to advertise. It’s important to pinpoint a magazine whose readers are the right prospects for what you are selling.” In other words, the right product for the right audience.
1. Words That Sell. Closing phrases. Wednesday, September 21, 2016.
2. USE THE RIGHT WORDS. The most persuasive words in the English language are YOU, NEW, MONEY, EASY, DISCOVERY, FREE, RESULTS, HEALTH, SAVE, PROVEN, GUARANTEE, and LOVE.
3. Ads That Sell: How to Create Advertising That Gets Results, Bob Bly, 1988.
4. Posting your articles at other sites, Bob Bly, 2018.
10. If you run out of material, then check this out.
1. UpWorthyGenerator. Online headline generator.
2. Marketing 2 Engineers, Bob Bly. Bob Bly’s B2B Copywriting.
3. Marketing to Automotive concerns, Bob Bly copy portfolio.
4. Writing Industrial Copy that Sells, Bob Bly.
5. Bob Bly’s Methods.
6. Direct Mail Checklist, Bob Bly.
7. Bob Bly’s Guarantee Page.
8. Sample of Bob Bly’s Copy.
9. Bob Bly’s Portfolio.
10. Bob Bly’s articles.
11. Perry Marshall Products.
12. Tested Sentences That Sell, Elmer Wheeler, 1937.
13. Bob Bly on Milt Pierce. Bob Bly on what works, Monday, September 11, 2017.
14. Copywriter, Richard Armstrong.
15. 63 Marketing Strategies by Dan Kennedy.
16. Jay Abraham Marketing Strategies, like 500 of them.
MAKING MONEY ONLINE
1. Bob Bly says that writing an e-book is the easiest way to make money online.
2. 10 Sales Secrets from Trump University, Bret Arends, June 3, 2016, Market Watch.
USE THE RIGHT WORDS
Posted on Thursday, June 7, 2018.
A winning formula for freelance copywriting success https://t.co/nxuT9smkav
— Robert Bly (@Robertbly) June 7, 2018
FOR COPYWRITERS [See sample copy done by one of the industry’s best, Bob Bly.]
1. Write Better Faster, Bob Bly.
2. Copywriting Writing Prompts.
3. B2B Copy: Industrial Writing That Sells, Bob Bly. When you actually earn an assignment to write a business-2-business copy, where do you go to get ideas? It is pure genius at work? Are you some kind of developing brainiac? Well, you might be. But on the outside chance that you’re not, where do you go to get ideas? How to Prepare for a Copywriting Assignment.
4. More from Bob Bly.
5. Bob Bly’s paid materials.
6. 7 Ways to treat a product or service in copywriting. You know them all already: Gratitude, Fear, Greed, Guilt, Anger, Trust, & Exclusivity. Find more here.
7. This post by Danny Margulies was decent. Posted here on Monday, May 21, 2018.
8. Here, Bob Bly offers 29 Ways of Communicating with Clients. “The 29 Secrets of Achieving Outrageous Levels of Customer Satisfaction,” Bob Bly. Contact vendor at email@example.com.
9. How Does Freelance Writing Work?
10. Bob Bly, “8 Money-Making Strategies to Succeed as a Freelance Copywriter.” Check out AWAI’s free pricing guide.
BOB BLY COURSES
1. 5 Tips for Giving Successful Presentations, Bob Bly. PDF. Find the 5 Tips here.
2. Find the Best Copywriting Niche for You, Bob Bly, July 19, 2019. Find the course for $39 here.
3. Use My Articles in Your e-Newsletters, Bob Bly, July 16, 2019. Find his $78 course here.
4. Is Branding a Waste of Money, Bob Bly, July 15, 2019. Find Bob’s copy here.
5. 41 Lost Business Success Secrets of Claude Hopkins, Bob Bly, July 12, 2019. Find the course here, Scientific Advertising Illustrated, for $39.
6. Confessions of an Old Junk Mail Writer, Bob Bly, July 11, 2019.
Bob Bly recommends giving speeches to audiences in your industry. He says that giving speeches is one thing that your competition does that you don’t do. He writes
First, they’ve taken the time to organize their knowledge into a clear, informative talk – one that conveys valuable ideas to the audience – and makes them sound like knowledgeable pros.
Second, they’ve actively marketed their free talk to organizations their prospects join – and to meeting planners in charge of sessions their prospects attend.
As a result, they – not you – get asked to deliver the important workshops, keynotes, break-out sessions, and after-dinner speeches in your industry.
This is such an easy topic, such a convoluted topic, and for some a controversial topic. First, let’s hear what Bob Bly has to say. Bly quotes from an email he received and then offers his own comment on the topic.
I believe that affiliate marketing has corrupted the sacred trust between supplier and customer. I sometimes get the feeling that the products being offered have not been tried and proven by the re-marketer, yet they allow their lists and good names to be associated with inferior products and services.’
In their rush to make as many joint ventures as possible, product marketers and their affiliates often skimp on – or skip altogether – the important step of the affiliate actually reviewing the product before she recommends it to her list.
I like what he says. I’ve never heard anyone criticize affiliate marketing; his is the first. For that reason alone I like it. The following is from CTC Publishing, a Bob Bly and Fred Gleeck company.
Click Products for a complete listing of our e-books, audio programs, DVDs, and other information products.
Click Club to visit our new membership site Fred Gleeck and Bob Bly’s Internet Information Marketing Club.
The Internet Marketing Retirement Plan.
The Keyword Money Machine.
Writing e-Books for Fun & Profit.
How to Builda Large E-List Fast.
The Email Marketing Swipe File.
Write & Design Landing Pages That Sell.
The Copywriter’s Toolkit.
Write & Grow Rich.
World’s Best-Kept Copywriting Secrets.
Killer Copywriting Secrets.
Writing Book Reviews for Fun & Profit.
Getting Your Book Published.
SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING
Become an Instant Guru.
Become an Independent Marketing Consultant.
Secrets of Successful e-Mail Marketing.
Offline Marketing Handbook.
Instant Sales Leads.