[LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TESTS]
1. CELTA, Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
2. ETS, Educational Testing Services
3. IELTS, International English Language Testing System. FAQs
iTEP, International Test of English Proficiency TEFL Institute, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
5. TOEFL, Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test assesses a non-native speaker’s academic English language proficiency as preparation for studying at US universities. Find a location for taking the TOEFEL tests. The TOEFEL is a trademark of the English Testing Services, ETS. Their TOEFEL iBT is the Internet Based Test. Acronyms drive me crazy because they don’t identify them right away. PBT is Paper-Based Test.
6. TOEIC, Test of English for International Communications. This test measures the ability of non-native English speakers to use English in everyday, workplace settings and activities.
7. TSE, Test of Spoken English McGraw-Hill’s GED The Most Complete and Reliable Study Program for the GED Tests [Paperback]
8. TEFL, stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
9. DELTA, Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is an English language teaching (ELT) qualification for experienced Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). It is provided by Cambridge English Language Assessment through authorised Cambridge English Teaching Qualification centres and can be taken either full-time or part-time.
10. PESL, Pronouncing English as a Second Language.
11. List of Language Proficiency Tests.
12. TOEIC – Test of English for International Communication
13. TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
14. IELTS – International English Language Testing System.
15. CelPip. What? Never heard of this one. What the heck is it? This is Canada’s leading language test. So if you’re in the U.S., you don’t need it. But I post it because it doesn’t hurt to know about it, it doesn’t hurt to know what you DON’T need to take.
18. International English Education Research Association, IEERA.