1. Mass murdering of Che Guevara. Though this article is informative and contains images appropriate to the obscenity of mass murder, I really prefer the reading of Humberto Fontava’s book, Exposing the Real Che Guevara and the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him, 2008. I first heard of the title from G. Edward Griffin’s site, FreedomForceInternational, which changed its name to
2. Tom Woods Interviews Humberto Fontava, 2016.
1. Fidel Castro’s Cuba, Tyler Cowen, November 2016.
2. Fidel Castro Dead, WaPo, 2016.
3. Doug Casey on Fidel’s Cuba, 2016.
4. Fidel Castro: Hero or Cold-Blooded Murderer? Yuri Maltsev, 2016.
1. Dorothy Day was a communist who admired both Marx and Lenin, Lila Rajiva, September 26, 2015. All of Lila’s articles are now archived at her lilarajiva.com site.
1. Commies in Hollywood.
One third of the world’s population today lives under tyrannies that call themselves Marxist. No other worldview commands this many people. Yet a hundred and fifty years ago, there was no philosophy called Marxism. Karl Marx was then and undergraduate university student who specialized in pubs, taverns, cafes, and desperate letters to his family asking for more money.
1. Read how the New York Times eulogizes Stalin in 1953 in his obituary.
1. Anti-Communist, Fred Schwartz. from Wikipedia:
Doctor Frederick Charles Schwarz (15 January 1913 – 24 January 2009) was an Australian physician and political activist who founded the Christian Anti-Communism Crusade (CACC). He made a number of speaking tours in the USA in the 1950s, and in 1960 moved his base of operations to California. He was the author of the international bestseller, You Can Trust The Communists (to be Communists), Prentice-Hall, 1960. Dr. Schwarz worked with his wife, Lillian Schwarz, from abroad and, in his later years, at their home in Camden, near Sydney, in the Australian state of New South Wales.
In 1940, Dr. Schwarz, in the aftermath of a debate with an Australian Communist, became compelled to study Communist ideology and was subsequently recognized as an expert on Marxist-Leninist philosophy. He founded and was the chairman of the not-for-profit Christian Anti-Communism Crusade (CACC), based originally in Sydney, and subsequently in Long Beach, California, and remained in this position until the late 1990s. During his time with the CACC, Schwarz gave many lectures and seminars across America on the subject of Communism, placing an emphasis on the role of education in understanding Marxism-Leninism from the source documents of that movement, by Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky, Mao Zedong, and others. Under Schwarz’s leadership, for some decades the CACC also paid for an orphanage in India, for underprivileged children.
His Southern California School of Anti-Communism filled the 16,000-capacity Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena from 28 August – 1 September 1961. According to Morrie Ryskind, writing at the time in The Los Angeles Times, “The evening sessions, featuring nationally known speakers, were televised, and those who should know tell me that some three million people listened in nightly. At any rate, I can honestly say that in my 25 years in Los Angeles I have never known a local event that so completely captured the enthusiasm of the city.”
5. “The Man Who Prevented World War III,” EricMargolis, Dec. 2011. “Instead, Gorbachev ended the Cold War and the threat of nuclear war. He terminated the Soviet credo of international revolution.”
7. The Myth of Monolithic Communism, Murray Rothbard, 1979.
8. Christians and the Communist Bogeyman, Laurence M. Vance, 2014.
9. Communism for Conservatives, Gary North, 2010.
10. Republicans and Communists, Lew Rockwell, 2009.
How could such a transformation of the world take place so rapidly? Why have Communist revolutions swept the face of the earth? And why did they occur only in regions where Marx had insisted that they could not, in theory, take place until the rest of the world had already turned Communist?
The greatest myth of Marxism is that the Communist revolution is inevitable. The second greatest myth is that it is proletarian. The third greatest myth is that it is the product of industrial poverty. Nothing in the lives of either Karl Marx or Frederick Engles, his partner, suggested that any of these myths were true. Marx and Engels, the bourgeois sons of bourgeois religious families, never did a day’s manual labor in their lives. Engel’s only connection to industrial capitalism was as the son of a factory’s owner. Marx’s only connection was his lifelong subsidies from Engles.
Why, then, has Marxism been so successful in capturing the minds of men? Because it is a religion, the most powerful rival of Christianity since the rise of Islam in the seventh century.
The nature of Marxism as a religion has long been recognized by its critics. But what has not been generally recognized is Marxism’s unique fusion of both ancient and modern heresies. It revives the most ancient of religious themes-social regeneration through systematic chaos-yet it defends this view in the name of modern science. It appeals to the basest motives of mankind-autonomy from God, institutionalized envy, and bloody revolution-yet it defends itself as being simultaneously the most moral and the most scientific of systems.
Gary North has assembled the evidence to prove that Marxism has been a success because it is the most perverse imitation of Christianity ever invented. It was invented by two men who had been baptized as Christians, had affirmed an evangelical faith in their teens, and had turned in fury against God in their early twenties. Few people know that Marx wrote a satanic play and wrote satanic poetry in his youth. But anyone who has read his early writings knows that his avowed enemies were not the capitalist but the Christians and the Jews. He hated God more than he hated capitalism.
ROCKEFELLERS & BOLSHEVIKS
1. Rockefellers Promoted Bolsheviks, Jon Rappaport, August 30, 2017.
1922, Creation of the USSR
The Soviet Union was not formally created until 1923 after years of bloody civil war between the Bolshevik “Reds” and the anti-communist, pro-Czarist “Whites.” There were also the “Greens” but virtually no mainstream court historian mentions them because they do not fit in their tight little narrative.
There was no discussion of the role of Trotsky in the Revolution. It was Trotsky who was responsible for the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, ending Russian participation in WWI. And it was Trotsky who successfully led the Red Army in the civil war against the Whites.
Mussolini, before the war, was more than an “antiwar activist, a pacifist.” He was a prominent radical Marxist socialist revolutionary, editor of the leading Socialist newspaper, Avanti!
Avanti!, under Mussolini, had an anti-war stance on the war, urging neutrality for Italy when the war began in August 1914. Mussolini formed the pro-war, interventionist newspaper Il Popolo d’Italia and the Fasci Rivoluzionari d’Azione Internazionalista (“Revolutionary Fasci for International Action”) in October 1914.
This paper was 180 degrees different than his editorial stance at Avanti! Why the sudden change? He was bribed by the French who provided funds to start his publication. Mussolini was always the ultimate opportunist. He soon left to join the Italian Army.
1923, Lenin dies. Yay!!
1. Egalitarianism: An Absurd and Evil Notion, Rothbard’s The Struggle Over Egalitarianism Continues, 1970.
ADVOCATES for SOCIALISM
1. Robert Schiller Shilling for Socialism, Peter St. Onge, October 19, 2015. Schiller thinks that socialism is what makes America rich. Ha!!
Journalists and cartoonists who provided material for the newspaper included Richard Wright, Howard Fast, John Gates, Louis Budenz, Michael Gold, Joseph North, Jacob Burck, Whittaker Chambers, Sandor Voros, William Patterson, Maurice Becker, Benjamin Davis, Edwin Rolfe, Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, Robert Minor, Fred Ellis, William Gropper, Lester Rodney, David Karr, John L. Spivak and Woody Guthrie. At its peak, the newspaper achieved a circulation of 35,000.
2. The Masses, 1911-1917. Never surprising, least not anymore, to find anthologized writers having also penned for a communist magazine. It doesn’t mean they can’t be excellent artists or writers or advocates for freedom, but it does kind of show their lack of better judgment. But my guess writers needed money, so getting published anywhere was more important than allegiance to politics. Here is a list:
Over the next few years The Masses published articles and poems written by people such as John Reed, Sherwood Anderson, Crystal Eastman, Hubert Harrison, Inez Milholland, Mary Heaton Vorse, Louis Untermeyer, Randolf Bourne, Dorothy Day, Arturo Giovannitti, Michael Gold, Helen Keller, William English Walling, Anna Strunsky, Carl Sandburg, Upton Sinclair, Amy Lowell, Mabel Dodge, Floyd Dell and Louise Bryant.
3. The Liberator, 1918-1924. This was a more openly Marxist organ. The one thing that at least the propaganda organs of the communist parties did was take an anti-war stance. But as an organization, they would often adopt the slogan “Support the Troops.” Wikipedia’s point that The Liberator was created after The Masses was shut down was interesting.
The Liberator was a monthly socialist magazine established by Max Eastman and his sister Crystal Eastman in 1918 to continue the work of The Masses, which was shut down by the wartime mailing regulations of the U.S. government. Intensely political, the magazine included copious quantities of art, poetry, and fiction along with political reporting and commentary. The publication was an organ of the Communist Party of America (CPA) from late 1922 and was merged with two other publications to form The Workers Monthly in 1924.
4. The New Masses, 1926-1948.
5. Masses & Mainstream, 1948-1963.
6. Progressive Labor Pary, PLP, 1962-today.
7. International Committee Against Racism, INCAR, 1973-1996. It dissolved and was picked up by PL, Progressive Labor Party.
FDR’s NEW DEAL [First New Deal, 1933-1934; Second New Deal, 1935-1938; Third New Deal?]
1. David Gordon reviews a book by Wolfgang Schivelbusch, titled Three New Deals: Reflections on Roosevelt’s America, Mussolini’s Italy, and Hitler’s Germany, 1933-1939. It compares FDR’s New Deal with Hitler’s Fuhrerprinzip and Mussolini’s central planning bonanzas in Germany and Italy that sprung at the same time. On the TVA or Tennessee Valley Authority, this book was recommended, The Tennessee Volume II: The New River Civil War to TVA, Donald Davidson, 1948. The one who recommended it said that it “is a good source for the ‘fascist destruction’ of the Tennessee River.” Here is Hugh S. Johnson’s book on the NRA, The Blue Eagle, Egg to Earth, 1935.
2. Funny. FDR wrote the book Looking Forward, FDR, 1933. I wonder. Is that where the Progressive’s phrase or the criticism to it of “forward-thinking people” comes from? I wonder.
1. Hugo Chavez Against the Backdrop of Venezuelan Economic and Political History, Hugo J. Faria, 2008. From “Growth Disaster” on page 521, these 2 paragraphs give sharp insight on Venezuela’s economic and socialist disaster, but apparently, it wasn’t always socialist:
Jones classifies Venezuela as a growth disaster between 1960 and 1997 because real income per capita grew at a rate of minus 0.13 percent (2002, 4). Of 112 countries with data for the period from 1960 to 2000, sixteen endured a negative average growth rate (Barro and Sala-i-Martin 2004, 4). Fourteen of those sixteen lie in the sub-Saharan region, and two in Latin America. Of those two, Nicaragua suffered a civil war and a socialist government, whereas the other, Venezuela—a country rich in oil, gas, coal, and iron—experienced no major internal turmoil.
Hugo Montesinos and I, using data from the World Development Indicators published by the World Bank, estimate that Venezuela’s real income per capita grew on average during the 1960s by 1.46 percent per annum, during the 1970s by minus 0.76 percent, during the 1980s by minus 1.88 percent, during the 1990s by minus 0.08 percent, and under Chávez from 1999 to 2006 by minus 0.06 percent. Owing to the great increase in oil prices recently, the growth rate has exceeded 10 percent since 2004.
4. Why the Left Refuses to Talk About Venezuela, Ryan McMaken, 2017.
5. How Socialism Ruined Venezuela, Rafael Acevedo, and Luis B. Cirocco, Oct. 13, 2017.
6. Venezuela: 40 Years of Economic Decline, Jose Nino, May 17, 2017.
7. Venezuela’s March Toward Default, Anthony P. Mueller, January 4, 2017
8. Venezuela Before Chavez: A Prelude to Socialist Failure, Jose Nino, May 4, 2017.
9. Price Controls Are Disastrous for Venezuela, and Everywhere Else, Jose Nino, August 16, 2016.
10. What Makes Venezuela Different? Ryan McMaken, June 9, 2016.
11. U.S. SAnctions Have Devastated Venezuela and Killed Over 40,000 Venezuelans.
12. Then this:
13. Trump’s Coup in Venezuela.
14. Guaido Got Snookered.
15. U.S. Plot in Venezuela Exposed.
16. Venezuelan Farmers Forced to Hand Food Over to Government, July 21, 2015.
Defenders of communism:
Kristen Ghodsee believes women under the Soviet bloc had better sex than in today’s modern capitalist society. Is this her attempt to call all women back in time? Thanks to Bill Anderson for this article, who writes
Jacobin Magazine has revealed what the American Left believes: That life under communism in the USSR and Eastern Europe actually was a paradise, giving its citizens a high standard of living that is unmatched in today’s capitalist hell.
Funny how reality was different. When I visited East Germany in 1982, the wall that surrounds the country was not built to keep westerners out; it was built for the same reasons that authorities build walls around prisons.
Since the Left and international communism has controlled so much the narrative of historical events from slavery to WWI to WWII, race, and the different holocausts, it is a wonder that a film like Katyn (2007) ever sees the light of day. In it, the communists are indicted for the mass murder of the Polish soldiers in the Katyn Forest back in 1940.
It is amazing how slow the judicious hand of government is, for it wasn’t until 2012 that the Katyn massacre was, one, recognized as a Soviet crime, and two, that the Soviet Union included the Katyn Massacre as one of the Nazi war crimes at Nurenberg.
While in the early ’90s Gorbachev’s successor Boris Yeltsin did take Stalin’s execution order to Warsaw to formally apologize on behalf of his country, it was not until a European Court of Human Rights ruling in 2012 that Katyn was officially recognized as a Soviet war crime.
The Soviet Union even went so far as to include the Katyn Massacre among the list o Nazi war crimes presented at the Nuremberg trials.