1. Are White Papers Dead? Bob Bly.
2. Blogs v. White Papers? Didn’t realize that they were in competition for the same audience.
3. Bob Bly to the rescure. A cornucopia of How-to business letters.
4. ThatWhitePaperGuy’s website. Not Bob Bly, but Gordon Graham.
5. from the White Paper Copywriter. Her name is Angie Mansfield.
Otherwise, let’s talk numbers. According to a survey of B2B buyers conducted by Eccolo Media, white papers are ranked #2 in terms of the most influential content buyers read before making a purchase. Only product brochures/data sheets ranked higher (and, it’s interesting to note, case studies came in a close third).
This was interesting.
Yes! I congratulated a contact’s work anniversary and asked if I could help with white papers etc. He sent me his phone number and email. I sent him a couple of writing samples about topics in his field. He said they were spot on and for me to please call him next week.
1. White Paper Marketing Handbooks, Bob Bly, 2006.