In my humble (but accurate) opinion, the list below contains the top 10 marketing books/courses/products. Well, they have been for me, anyway. Fact is, the best ones are kinda subjective. The “best” ones are whatever ones appeal to your unique personality and learning style.
And then offers this list:
1. Gary Bencivenga’s “Farewell” course
2. Gary Halbert’s “Boron Letters”
3. Dan Kennedy’s “NO BS Time Management”
4. Ken McCarthy’s The System Club Letters: 57 Big Ideas to Transform Your Business and Your Life, Ken McCarthy, 2008.
5. Eugene Schwartz’s “Breakthrough Advertising”
6. Gary Halbert’s “The Gary Halbert Letter” issues (all of them)
7. Paul Hartunian’s “Million Dollar Publicity” course
8. John Carlton’s “Kick-Ass Copywriting Secrets” course
9. Dan Kennedy’s “Magnetic Marketing” course
10. Yours Truly’s “The Email Players Playbook”
1. Dog Eat Dog and Vice Versa: 9 Secrets to Put the Bite Into Your Marketing, Jerry Rossi, 2006.
2. Method Marketing: How to Make a Fortune by Getting Inside the Heads of Your Customers, Denny Hatch, 1999.
3. The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk, Al Ries and Jack Trout, 1994.
4. Radical Marketing from Harvard to Harley: Lessons from Ten That Broke the Rules and Made It Big, Sam Hill and Glen Rifkin, 1999.
5. Stealth Marketing: How to Outmaneuver, Outwit, and OutMarket Your Most Formidable Competitors Before They Know What’s Hit Them, Jay Abraham, 1991.
Bob Bly is out with a new program, “Getting Copywriting Clients,” one for beginning copywriters. In his introduction of the program, he explains that he’s collaborating with a couple of other copywriters or project managers. Ilise Benun and Fern Dickey, author of Last Minute Meetings, 2000. Here Ilise explains How to Find Your Focus, published in 2015. She’s been in the business for 30 plus years, and she is excellent.
Command the Fees that You Deserve. The Art of Attracting the Best Clients is also good.
1. Alchemy: the Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life, Rory Sutherland, 2019.