1. Conspiracy in Philadelphia, Gary North, 2013.
2. Great Book Recommendations by Dr. Tom Woods, April 18, 2013.
3. Where the Left Goes Wrong on Foreign Policy, Murray N. Rothbard, July 1982.
4. The Irish Slave Trade, John Martin, March 17, 2015.
5. Restoring America One County at a Time, Joel McDurmon, April 15, 2011. More on this topic here.
6. American sovereignty: 8 Certain Losses of Personal Liberty . . . Unless We Turn Things Around, Bob Livingston (I think).
1. from Charles Burris. I like this video and song:
It’s titled Ashokan Farewell, named after a reservoir in upstate New York. Wikipedia explains that the song was written in 1982 and that “The piece is a waltz in D major, composed by Jay Ungar in the style of a Scottish lament. . . .”
a. When Johnny Comes Marching Home, written by Patrick Gilmore. Show notes state that the song is the same as “Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye.” “Noted Bandmaster Patrick Gilmore wrote the lyrics for this tune when his band was attached to the 24th Massachusetts Infantry. The tune is the same as the Irish song “Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ye” but there is some dispute as to which came first.”
1. Lee Stranahan. Wenzel’s take on the Putin/Trump Helsinki meeting is pretty good.
2. I don’t know who QAnon is or what he or it is about. It sounds absolutely crazy to me, but Wenzel seems to find it either interesting enough or important enough to follow it. Okay. On Friday, August 17, 2018, Wenzel cites a guy by the name of Mark Burnett. Who, pray tell, is Mark Burnett? Okay, well, it looks like Wenzel has researched QAnon.
The NSA’s Secret Cops, Known as “Q Group,” are Hunting Down Edward Snowden The people, tasked with hunting down Edward Snowden, work for the Associate Directorate for Security and Counterintelligence, reports The Daily Beast. The directorate is sometimes known as “the Q Group.”(June 2013 EPJ)
1. Are Western Values Losing Their Sway, Steven Erlanger, September 12, 2015, NYT.
No. “Western values” died a long time ago, replaced by postmodernism. I feel like an outsider in my own country. Are Western values, essentially Judeo-Christian ones, truly universal? Is that what you call sponsoring mercenary terrorists to massacre Christian villages in Syria? I wonder what his rabbi thinks about him conflating Judaism and Christianity. Better get him busy reading Mishneh Torah.
Dr. North replied, “I read the volumes on economics of the Mishneh Torah. It’s not Christian. But I liked a lot of what Samson Hirsch wrote. He was surely Orthodox.”