SAMUEL T. FRANCIS (1947-2005)
1. America Extinguished: Mass Integration and the Disintegration of American Culture, Samuel T. Francis, 2001.
2. The Other Side of Modernism: James Burnham and His LegacyThe Other Side of Modernism: James Burnham and His Legacy, Samuel T. Francis, 2014.
3. Revolution from the Middle, Samuel T. Francis, 1997.
4. Beautiful Losers: Essays on the Failure of American Conservatism, Samuel T. Francis, 1994.
THOMAS E. WOODS
1. Sacred Then and Sacred Now: The Return of the Old Latin Mass, Thomas Woods, 2008. This is Tom’s book on the Catholic liturgy.
2. The Church Confronts Modernity: Catholic Intellectuals and the Progressive Era (Religion and American Culture), Thomas Woods, 2006.
3. The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy (Studies in Ethics and Economics), Thomas Woods, 2005.
4. How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, Thomas Woods, 2005.
5. Catholic Social Teaching, Tom Woods.
Episode 1369, “Church Politics in the Age of Francis,” March 23, 2019, with Roger McCaffrey.
Books for Catholics.
1. AA-1025: The Memoirs of a Communist’s Infiltration into the Church, Marie Carre, 1972.
Show notes for this Episode 1231, “The Crisis in the Catholic Church, are here.
In the show notes to Tom Woods’ podcast, I found a couple of shocking statements, both instructive.
1st Comment. Oh, God.
“We should give more consideration to the quality of homosexual relationships,”- Cardinal Schonborn
Cardinal Schonborn as one of those responsible for the weak teaching on sexual morality in the Youcat, and The Catholic Catechism, which left out CCC 2359 – Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by Prayer and Sacramental Grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection and had original published the erroneous CCC statement “they do not choose their homosexual condition”, which was removed because it was opposed to Catholic Church teaching, in 1997, at the request of then-Cardinal Ratzinger, and Pope John Paul II, has exposed himself to be part of the group who are guilty of denying the respect, compassion, and sensitivity due to those persons who desire to overcome their disordered same-sex sexual attractions, and are called to fulfill God’s Will – that all persons experience authentic Salvational Love in their lives.
In fact, those who insist that a disordered same-sex sexual attraction is “the very deepest part of their being”, unreachable from “That Light That Shines In The Darkness”, The Power And The Glory Of God’s Transforming Love, are, in fact, those who do not desire that our beloved sons and daughters who have developed a same-sex sexual attraction, experience authentic Salvational Love in their lives, and are thus guilty of the sin against The Holy Spirit, for they deny Salvational Love, God’s Gift of Grace and Mercy.
Let no man deceive you, “It is not possible to have Sacramental Communion without Ecclesial Communion”, due to The Unity of The Holy Ghost (Filioque). “May God rebuke them, we humbly Pray.”
I agree. Prayer, penance, and fasting is needed to restore the Church. Why does it need to be restored? As the Church goes, so shall the culture. If the Catholic Church embraces sodomy, it will soon embrace every other sexual derivative a person can think of, and the culture will too. Read the story in the Bible about Sodom and Gomorrah, and decide if that’s a place you want to live in.
3rd comment was very interesting in a positive way.
I find it amazing that no one, except for a parish priest in Minnesota, has bothered to refer to the fact that this all began as far back as *1924,* when the KGB first sent its agents to infiltrate the Church! The nurse who published “Michaels” memoirs in the book AA1024 was right, and she was backed up by the testimony of Bella Dodd, a former Communist, who testified before a congressional committee in 1953 or 1954. So yeah, some of the older conspiracy theorists have been vindicated: It IS a Communist plot!
The Novus Ordo Mass is a mess. It’s open to so many abuses, it isn’t funny. But, paradoxically, it IS still valid, and the Eucharist confected at that Mass is still valid. But it does take more effort on our part to maintain the true Faith; we have to sift every word that comes out of the pulpit now.
If there was ever a time for more of us to turn to the daily Rosary, this is it. One of Mary’s lesser-known titles is Exterminatrix of Heresies, and the Rosary has been called the spiritual WMD in our arsenal. So come on, people, let’s nuke the devil!
4th Comment and video:
This book was referenced:
The Homosexual Network: Private Lives and Public Policy, Enrique T. Rueda, 1982.
Dr. E. Michael Jones, Editor of Culture Wars magazine and author of several books, makes an excellent point about how the sexual crisis in the church. Is the sexual crisis in the church one of pedophilia, where lawyers are making out like bandits, or is it a crisis of homosexuality? Jones references the gay mayor of South Bend, Pete Buttigieg. I will need to find out more on this before I comment on it, but until then this interview should be helpful.
needs to answer for it. If there is nothing wrong with it, why is Cardinal Theodore Edgar McCarrick of Washington, D.C. being called out on it? If there is something wrong with it, why hasn’t it been dealt with for decades? He’s corrupted the entire Catholic system.
RACHEL FULTON BROWN
1. Mary and the Art of Prayer: The Hours of the Virgin in Medieval Christian Life and Thought, Rachel Fulton Brown, 2017. A book I learned about from this interview.
THOMAS MERTON, 1915-1968
1. The Martyrdom of Thomas Merton: An Investigation, Hugh Turley and David Martin, 2018.
Thank you, Lew Rockwell. March 1, 2020. The notes of this interview are quite good: Find CAM here: http://www.catholicsagainstmilitarism.com RSS feed: http://www.buzzsprout.com/296171 Mentioned in this episode: “The Martyrdom of Thomas Merton: An Investigation” https://www.amazon.com/Martyrdom-Thom… Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression https://dcdave.com/article3/991228.html Vince Foster Murder Cover-up http://www.fbicover-up.com Dave Martin’s website http://www.DCDave.com “The Assassination of James Forrestal,” by David Martin https://www.amazon.com/Assassination-… “JFK and The Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters,” by James Douglass https://www.amazon.com/JFK-Unspeakabl…
2. The Way of Chuang Tzu, Thomas Merton, 1965.
3. The Pocket Thomas Merton, Thomas Merton & Robert Inchausti, 2005.
4. The Seven Storey Mountain, Thomas Merton, 1948.
5. New Seeds of Contemplation, Thomas Merton with an Introduction by Sue Monk Kidd, 1949.
6. No Man Is An Island, Thomas Merton, 1955.
7. Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander, Thomas Merton, 1966.
8. Thoughts In Solitude, Thomas Merton, 1958.
9. The Wisdom of the Desert, Thomas Merton, 1960.
10. A Year with Thomas Merton: Meditations from His Journals, Thomas Merton and Jonathan Montaldo, 2004.
11. A Book of Hours, Thomas Merton, 2007.